Sarah has worked professionally since 1998. Since 2008 Sarah has worked within the visual effects industry in various tutoring/coaching capacities, working with clients including The Moving Picture Company, Double Negative, Framestore and Jellyfish Pictures. Sarah also lectures at various UK Universities on their BA and MA Animation courses.
Sarah was so inspired by the animators and visual effects artists whom she met during her time at MPC in 2008, that it is thanks to them that Shapes In Motion was born.
Shapes In Motion seeks to provide a wide range of high quality and professional training in all movement disciplines for actors, animators, performers & storytellers. Our first Movement Academy was launched in November 2013 at Sadlers Wells, and monthly masterclasses with leading practitioners and companies are routinely scheduled.
In 2016 The MoCap Troupe were formed; inspiring artistes to work towards and gain work in the Motion/Performance Capture industry.
Sarah is a trained professional actor who has worked and continues to work in Theatre, TV, Film and Commercials. She has a passion for movement and a huge interest in Movement and Acting Coaching, so as to explore the creative potentials the body has to offer.
Sarah worked as Movement Coach on Jupiter Ascending (The Wachowskis) and Guardians of the Galaxy (James Gunn). Sarah currently teaches Movement for Actors at The Actors Centre in London. Since 2008 Sarah has been even more inspired by how these creative potentials can translate to the world of animation and visual effects. Sarah has worked with animators working on The Jungle Book, Guardians of the Galaxy, World War Z, The Harry Potter Series, Chronicles of Nania – Voyage of the Dawn Treader and John Carter.
Sarah’s teaching includes Movement for Actors, Acting & Movement for Animators and Yoga Therapy and she has a particular interest in Movement Directing for Motion Capture. She is currently studying for a diploma in Zoology to enhance her research and analytical/observational skills of animals & creatures and she has recently been accepted as a Fellow member of ZSL (Zoological Society of London).
She is based in London, England but is both a UK and US citizen and is able to work on either side of the Atlantic. Her dad Al Perry worked for Technicolor, London back in the early 80s, recruiting for numerous James Bond features. Sarah was fortunate enough to accompany her dad on the occasional business trip to Hollywood, watching the making of such films, and she especially remembers the making of The Incredible Hulk TV series and meeting the distinguished Telly Savalas (Kojak); who loved her accent, thought she was sweet and politely accepted a picture she drew of him whilst she giggled and asked him why he was named after a Telly? She was soon mesmerised by the industry and the world of entertainment!
Sarah’s training includes:
• Postgraduate – Acting, The Oxford School of Drama
• Working In Television, The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
• BA (Hons) in Dance and Drama with English, DeMontfort University (Dissertation interest -Stanislavski and Laban)
• Introduction Certificates in both Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals, The Laban Institute of Movement Studies, New York
• Various Laban workshops/classes, including London Metropolitan University with Sabine Fichter
• Yoga Teacher Training, The British Wheel of Yoga (60hrs Foundation with Tara Fraser & 500hrs Viniyoga Teacher Training with Sadhana Mala; Dave Charlton & Ranju Roy)
• 260hrs Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Anatomy & Theory/Chakras & Meridians, Paul and Suzee Grilley, California, Thailand, Hamburg & London
• 320hrs Yoga Therapy Diploma – Yoga Campus
• The Young Vic Youth Theatre, training under Directors such as; David Thacker and Chris White
• Safeguarding Adults at Risk – DAIS
She takes ongoing classes in Yoga – Hatha, Yin, Yang and Viniyoga, Anatomy, Laban, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Voice, Physical Theatre, Devising, Movement for Actors, Feldenkrais, Mask and Animal Studies.
Sarah is a member of The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), REPs (Registered Exercise Professional), Spotlight, The Actors Equity Union, The Actors Centre, London and The Laban Institute of Movement Studies, New York.
To discuss hiring Sarah Perry as a Movement Director, Movement Coach or Actor for a particular project or production please contact: